Pages

Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Still Alive and at 231lbs

Yes, believe it or not, I ghosted a blog for the 2,124th time.  What's new, right?  

Okay, so here come the excuses.  Brace yourselves.  This will be slightly boring.

My last post was last March, after my son's 6th birthday party fiasco.  I had been on a roll, seeing my therapist, following the Gundry Diet and pounds were begrudgingly falling off.  Then in April, I lost a client (I work from home as virtual assistant/content writer), and then another, and before I knew it I was back mainlining Oreo cookies straight into my veins.  In May, I picked up two new clients with huge projects and was working about 40-50 hours a week.  June, school is out and I have the 50 hour a week workload but with a 6 year old kid at home now whining every 3 minutes about how bored he is.  Up went my blood pressure and my weight.  I knew I was getting to major heifer status again but dieting and blogging were the last things on my mind.  The only thing I wanted to do when I finally had any alone time was carbs and a Tylenol PM.  By early August, my son had returned to school, my workload had slowed down a bit, and I was at 251 pounds.  My husband was also very overweight and ready for a change, so we decided to just do low carb.  That's it.  No frilly stuff.  No fancy names.  No mission statements.  

We simply cut out bread, pasta, rice, and tortilla related items and things.  And sugar.  We cut out all sugar.  By November, I had lost 20 pounds (see pic on my Instagram account.  should I post it here?  No, its old.  Maybe my next transformation pic, right?)

And you know what was so funny?  I believe we started the diet on August 13th and, man, that was such a busy time for us.  My son had just started 1st grade, which is a total big deal, right?  And his soccer season had just started.  My husband's the coach, I'm the Team Mom, so that kept us super busy.  Then my husband left for a work conference for a week, which is always a super big bummer. And I was dealing with all of that you know, plus work, and keeping the house clean, keeping my kid alive and fed, remembering to shave my legs, spending time with family and friends, Halloween, my birthday, yadda yadda, and through all of that we stuck to our list of foods to eat and just...kinda did it.  It was hard and there were times where we cheated and ate things we shouldnt have, but we always just kinda wiped it clean and kept going. Before I knew it, it was November and I noticed that my clothes were fitting a bit loose and everybody kept saying how much weight I was losing and I was like, "Yeah, thanks, i've only lost 10, 13, 15, 17, etc...'  But then one day I was getting dressed and I remembered the picture I took back in August when I was at my highest weight, 251.  I wanted to see if I would be able to see the difference and OH MY GOSH what a difference. I immediately sent it to just about everybody I know.  20 pounds doesnt seem like a lot until you see a before and after and are like, Holy.  

Anyways, I was fucking pumped.  Excuse my language, but I was fucking PUMPED.  I haven't lost more than 10 pounds since before I was married.  Man, I got married and steadily GREW.  So losing 20 pounds was a HUGE deal for me.  

And then the holidays hit.  But no no no, I did really good. I did.  My first post-holiday season weigh in was on January 2nd and I was at 235.6.  

Today is January 15th and I am at 231.2 and on it.  On it. The thing is, for me, not overthinking about how to lose weight and just DOING it worked.  I am a meat and veggie lover, so therefore, the low carb diet kinda just made sense for me.  But I didnt want to over-complicate it in part, because, I didnt want to scare my husband away.  I wanted to simplify it so it was doable and we didnt have to think about it.  

For breakfast we have protein shakes, protein bars, coffee, cream, eggs, avocado, cheese, and meats.  For lunch we have simple tuna salads, egg salad, salami/cheese/veggie plates, eggs and bacon, veggie omelettes. For dinner, we grill steaks, chicken thighs, chicken sausages, salmon, mahi mahi, any meat I find on sale.  We eat sauteed/steamed veggies every night. Tons of them.  Snacks are dark chocolate and almonds, beef jerky, nuts, cheese, and the occasional pint of Halo Top (honestly though when it comes to ice cream, i'd rather just hold out until a cheat day and have the real thing).  I've kept it super simple for us and it works and its working and, my gosh, finally.  

But no no, I always say that.  OH FINALLY I FOUND THE WAY!  And then I come on here and write and write about how this is it, THIS IS IT!  And then, blam, my fish dies or something and I'm back browsing Taco Bell's menu online.  

And, really, that was why I stayed away from the blog.  I always write.  I love to write.  This blog, writing here, always brings me so much happiness even when the subject I'm writing about has given me so much pain.  But I didn't want to come on here and make another public promise to myself and my life, and have all you be the witness to it, only to ghost it again when my stupid plans don't work out.  

Anyway.  So, yes, I am here.  Doing good, but still trying.  Still a wife.  Still a mom.  Still a silly girl.  Still a heifer.  And still on instagram and MyFitnessPal so follow me there too!

And to the wonderful people that still follow this little blog, and to the new ones I see, and to Anna- thank you for reading.  Thank you for listening.  

(oh and by the way, my husband has lost 45 pounds since August.  What an asshole, right?!)

No comments:

Post a Comment